Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Imagination

by Ann Christine Tabaka


The fog closes in
It surrounds me
It dampens my senses
It impairs my vision
But at the same time it enlivens me
I feel a tingle of excitement
I am transported to another time
To a distant shore
Into a story I once read
Where ships traverse dangerous waters
While lighthouses atop craggy rocks guide them
Back to a time of sea monsters and damsels in distress
A time of mystery and wonder
But then the fog begins to lift
And I must come back to earth
But just for one moment
Time stood still and the fantasy was real


* * * * *

Ann Christine Tabaka was nominated for the 2017 & 2023 Pushcart Prize in Poetry; nominated for the 2023 Dwarf Stars award of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Poetry Association; winner of Spillwords Press 2020 Publication of the Year; featured in the Who’s Who of Emerging Writers 2020 and 2021. Selected as a Judge for the Soundwaves Poetry Contest of Northern Ireland 2023. She is the author of 17 poetry books, and 1 short story book. Her most recent credits are: The Phoenix; Eclipse Lit, Carolina Muse, Sand Hills Literary Magazine, Ephemeral Literary Review, The Elevation Review, North Dakota Quarterly.


No comments:

Post a Comment