Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Waiting for Dr. Gold

by Dorian Kotsiopoulos         


As my mother and I wait for another exam
I reach for a worn issue of Time.

She fumbles the tie on her faded blue gown
While we wait yet again for another exam.

In the late afternoon, in the close cube of this room,
A skim of ice glazes her eyes.

While my mother and I wait for another exam
I lose myself in a worn issue of Time.


* * * * *

Dorian Kotsiopoulos has featured at various poetry venues in Massachusetts, including the Brookline Public Library, the Loring-Greenough House in Jamaica Plain, and the Fuller Art Museum in Brockton. Her work has appeared in literary and medical journals, including Poet Lore, Salamander, Slipstream, New England Journal of Medicine, JAMA, On the Seawall, and Smartish Pace. She is a member of the Jamaica Pond Poets.

1 comment:

  1. cerita yang bagus

    Jangan lupa untuk berkunjung

    chokpearindo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete