Wednesday, April 3, 2024

 

Turns

by Dorian Kotsiopoulos


I made a forever best friend at seven, but she traveled
to other countries, adopted dialects I didn’t understand.

I found a guardian angel, but it flew off, morphed itself
into a sprite, a rabbit, a dandelion puff.

I wanted to live in a mansion, but empty rooms chill me,
so many doors to open and close, phantom sounds to shush.

I thought I could relax, but my eyelids play reels of conjoined
clouds, snow collages, rooms wallpapered with blank pages.


* * * * *

Dorian Kotsiopoulos has featured at various poetry venues in Massachusetts, including the Brookline Public Library, the Loring-Greenough House in Jamaica Plain, and the Fuller Art Museum in Brockton. Her work has appeared in literary and medical journals, including Poet Lore, Salamander, Slipstream, New England Journal of Medicine, JAMA, On the Seawall, and Smartish Pace. She is a member of the Jamaica Pond Poets.



No comments:

Post a Comment