Monday, December 4, 2023

 

Floral Dream

by Lois Perch Villemaire


I wish to crawl 
inside the bud  
of a flower
before it opens
aware of the infinite 
possibilities— 
the hue,
the shape,
the fragrance
I could become.

I long to bloom,
feel the awaking,
the moments
as petals expand.
I want to absorb 
the energy of rain,
drinking in the nectar
through my roots.
I want to feel alive,
my face upward, 
caressed 
by the morning sun.


* * * * *


Lois Perch Villemaire is the author of “My Eight Greats,” a family history in poetry and prose published in 2023. Her work has appeared in such places as Blue Mountain Review, Ekphrastic Review, One Art: A Journal of Poetry, Pen In Hand and Topical Poetry. Anthologies, including I Am My Father’s Daughter and Truth Serum Press - Lifespan Series have published her memoir and poetry. Originally from the Philadelphia area, Lois lives in Annapolis, MD, where she enjoys yoga, researching family connections, fun photography, and doting over her African violets.


No comments:

Post a Comment