Saturday, July 8, 2023

 

A New Poem Arrives

by Michelle Wiegers


Tugging on my sleeve, she begs
for clothes as I look into her blurry face,
grab my glasses and reluctantly roll out of bed.
Dressing her with simple words,
greens and yellows rise up as she stretches
her new arms towards the sky.
She jumps off the edge of my mind,
diving down inside, searching for my treasure. 
Finding a shimmering jewel, she pulls
it out of the waters within
swimming up to the surface.
Dripping wet, she's clutching
a precious part of me to her chest,
as she passes through my hands,
slipping out into the world.



* * * * *

Michelle Wiegers is a poet, writer and mind-body life coach based in Vermont. Her poems are inspired by her mind-body recovery from decades of chronic symptoms, the Vermont landscape and her own backyard. Her work has appeared in How to Love the World, The Path to Kindness, One Art, Birchsong and Third Wednesday, among others. In her coaching and teaching, she is a passionate advocate for helping chronic pain and fatigue sufferers. michellewiegers.com


No comments:

Post a Comment