Monday, June 26, 2023

 

A woman

by Heissell Ramirez


Today I saw a woman, she was quietly sitting on her porch
Today I saw a wife, she was waiting for her husband
Today I saw a mother, she had pictures of her children in every room
Today I saw a grandmother, she had toys neatly stacked in a box
Today I saw a caretaker, she had a pen and paper in her hand
Today I saw an elderly woman, her steps were slow but firm
Today I saw a woman, her nails were perfectly polished
Today I saw a woman…
Today I saw the many sides of you


* * * * *


Heissell Ramirez is originally from a small town in Nicaragua and moved to the United States at the age of 6. She is a TV and Film media professional of over 15 years turned writer/poet. Recently her movie review of “I Am Smokey” (a satirical review of a movie that has never actually been made) was accepted by The Gorko Gazette for an upcoming online issue.


1 comment: